Monday, May 2, 2011

HW 49 - Comments on Best of Your Break HW

Stephen,
I totally agree with what you said in the first paragraph. In my family once someone has passed on, you could never mention any negative things that the person who passed on has done in his/her lifetime. They feel its highly disrespectful. Also i agree with the fact that the fear of the unknown plays a huge role with copping with death. I can connect to your own experiences in which a person would look a lot better (lets say during their wake) then they did before they died. That happened to my grandmother. Overall i thought you kept everything interesting and i found myself thinking a lot about my own experiences, and when you brought up passed class conversations like with what sam said showed how learning all this or even just discussing it makes you question all the "normal" things about death you thought were normal. well done!

Beatrice,
I like how you incorporated how your family does something different that isn't really heard in American society. I feel that people should be upset about people who have passed but celebrate the life that they did have. Also i loved how you mentioned religion, and how that plays such a significant role in dying and what you want to be done to your dead body. I loved how you took what your moms views are and based on your personal views you interpreted your own meaning. Overall i liked your post and it changed me perspective a little

No comments:

Post a Comment